Plett Villas is dedicated to protecting the privacy and confidentiality of personal information. Plett Villas provides a website for our existing as well as prospective clients. People use our website to request more information regarding certain products and services, and to enquire about their existing products and services.
Who we are:
Villa rental company based in Plettenberg Bay.
A select choice of exclusive holiday homes in Plettenberg Bay.
Utmost care is taken to ensure our clients are accommodated in individually appointed homes. Additional personalised concierge services and services in the villa can be arranged.
It is important to build a relationship with guest staying in our homes; all clients are met on arrival and assisted throughout their stay if required.
With many years’ experience in the tourism industry our aim is to provide a quality, service orientated product for the discerning visitor.
What is personal information:
Personal Information according to the Protection of Personal Information Act, means information relating to an identifiable, living, natural person, and where it is applicable, an identifiable, existing juristic person, including, but not limited to –
a. Information relating to the race, gender, sex, pregnancy, marital status, national, ethnic, or social origin, colour, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental health, well-being, disability, religion, conscience, belief, culture, language, and birth of the person.
b. Information relating to the education or the medical, financial, criminal or employment history of the person;
c. Any identifying number, symbol, e-mail address, telephone number, location information, online identifier, or other particular assignment to the person.
d. The biometric information of the person;
e. The personal opinions, views, or preferences of the person.
f. Correspondence sent by the person that would reveal the contents of the original correspondence;
g. The views or opinions of another individual about the person; and
h. The name of the person if it appears with other personal information relating to the person or if the disclosure of the name itself would reveal information about the person.
Information we collect:
We collect the following information in accordance with Immigration and FICA Act Requirements. Full name and surname, copy of identification document or passport, residence status in the Republic / Nationality, normal residential address. Collecting FICA documents in accordance with the FICA Act Requirements is an exclusion of the POPI Act (National Security).
For enquiries bookings and related correspondence; name and surname, children’s ages, budget for the enquiry, email address.
For newsletters related to our business. You can unsubscribe at any point.
Should you require a POPI consent form please advise and we will forward to this you.
Where and when do we collect personal information:
Information you provide to us:
- Directly from you.
- Based on your use of our products, services.
- Based on how you engage or interact with us, such as on social media, and through e-mails, letters, telephone calls, and surveys.
It is in our legitimate interests to service our clients to the best of our abilities.
If you fail to provide personal data when requested, which is necessary for us to consider your request, we may not be able to process your request in order for a Plett Villas representative to get back to you or for Plett Villas to render the requested service.
When will we process your personal information:
We will only process your personal information for lawful purposes relating to our business if the following circumstances apply:
- You have consented thereto;
- a Person legally authorised by you, or a court, has consented thereto;
- It is necessary to conclude or perform under a contract we have with you;
- The law requires or permits it;
- It is required to protect or pursue your, our, or a third party’s legitimate interest; and/or
- You are a child, and a competent person (such as a parent or guardian) has consented thereto on your behalf.
How we use your information:
For enquiry and booking correspondence.
We will contact you, as well enable communications between yourself and our service department. We will contact you through e-mail, mobile phone, applications, and any other ways through our services to you, including text messages and Whats App messages.
We also send newsletters with regards our product which you can unsubscribe at any time.
Security and Investigation:
We use data for security, fraud prevention and investigations. We use your data (including communications) if we think it is necessary for security purposes or to investigate possible fraud or other violations.
Enforcing our obligations, including without limitation to the collection of amounts outstanding from you for services rendered by us.
We may need to share your information when we believe it is required by law, legal process or to help protect the rights and safety of you, us, or others. We attempt to notify members about legal demands for their personal data when appropriate in our judgment, unless prohibited by law or court order or when the request is an emergency. We may dispute such demands when we believe, in our discretion, that the requests are overbroad, vague, or lack proper authority, but we do not promise to challenge every demand.
We will also keep your information where you have provided it to us or have given your consent that we are allowed to do so.
Rights to access and control your personal information:
You have rights in connection with your personal information. You have many choices about how your information is collected, used, and shared.
In certain circumstances, by law, you have the right to:
- Request access to your information: You will be able to ask us what information we have about you as well as ask for a copy of this information. This should be done on request to firstname.lastname@example.org. There are some exemptions, which means you may not always receive all the information we process. When we can give you a copy it might be done at a certain fee, which will also be communicated to you at the time of your query.
- Change or correct information: You have the right to ask us to rectify information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
- Delete information: You can ask us to delete or remove personal information under certain circumstance.
- Object to processing: You can do this where we are relying on your legitimate interest, public interest or our legitimate interest and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes or where you have given your consent for the specific processing, and you want to retract you consent. Retracting your consent does not invalidate your information we lawfully processed while we had your consent to do so.
- Request the restriction of processing: You can ask us to suspend the processing of personal data about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
Changes to our privacy notice:
Changes to the privacy notice apply to your use of our services. Plett Villas can modify this privacy notice. When material changes are made, we will update accordingly.
You acknowledge that your continued use of our services, after we publish our changes to this privacy notice, means that the collection, use and sharing of your personal information is subject to the updated privacy notice.
Other important information:
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used, or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered, or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal information to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need-to-know. They will only process your personal information on our specific instructions, and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
Should you have a query please send an email to: email@example.com
Our Information Officer:
David Packwood Email: firstname.lastname@example.org